Change % (1H)
Change % (24H)
Monero (XMR) Historical Price & Volume Charts
What is Monero?
Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target.
Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions.
Genesis Date: 2014-02-06
- Privacy (Untraceable payments, Unlinkable transactions) Monero daemon uses the original CryptoNote protocol except for the initial changes (as the block time and emission speed). The protocol itself is based on ring signatures (Daniel J. Bernstein's Curve25519 + Ed25519, Schnorr signatures on a Twisted Edwards curve) and stealth addresses. The end result is passive, decentralised mixing based on heavily-tested algorithms.
- Decentralisation The smart mining forthcoming feature will allow transparent CPU mining on the user's computer, far from the de facto centralization of mining farms and pool mining, pursuing Satoshi Nakamoto's original vision of a true p2p currency.
Monero has no hardcoded limit, which means it doesn't have a 1 MB block size limitation preventing scalability.
In cryptography, a ring signature is a type of digital signature that can be performed by any member of a group of users that each have keys. Therefore, a message signed with a ring signature is endorsed by someone in a particular group of people. One of the security properties of a ring signature is that it should be computationally infeasible to determine which of the group members' keys was used to produce the signature.
For instance, a ring signature could be used to provide an anonymous signature from "a high-ranking White House official", without revealing which official signed the message. Ring signatures are right for this application because the anonymity of a ring signature cannot be revoked, and because the group for a ring signature can be improvised (requires no prior setup).
Application to Monero
A ring signature makes use of your account keys and a number of public keys (also known as outputs) pulled from the blockchain using a triangular distribution method. Over the course of time, past outputs could be used multiple times to form possible signer participants. In a "ring" of possible signers, all ring members are equal and valid. There is no way an outside observer can tell which of the possible signers in a signature group belongs to your account. So, ring signatures ensure that transaction outputs are untraceable. Moreover, there are no fungibility issues with Monero given that every transaction output has plausible deniability (e.g. the network can not tell which outputs are spent or unspent).
To read how Monero gives you privacy by default (unlinkability), see stealth addresses.
|Mkt. Cap||USD 1,083,246,113||Volume 24H||USD 194,439,282|
|Mkt. Share||0.44 %||Available Supply||17,311,787|
|Change % (1H)||-0.13 %||Max Supply||0|
|Change % (24H)||-0.06 %||Total Supply||17,311,787|
|Change % (7D)||-1.35 %||Proof||PoW|
|Algorithm||CryptoNight||Upated: 1 day ago|
Monero Historical Data
Monero (XMR) Reviews & Critics
Securely store your cryptocurrencies with a Ledger!⭐ https://shop.ledger.com?r=a1b3ac23d773 For the Nano X: ....
- Who knows i like Monero for what it is but not one i would invest heavy in long term very risky however i do mine it in the background just incase.
- Here is one of my latest videos about Zcash & Dash, being two other major privacy -focused coins in the cryptocurrency space. Much of the information about these cryptos, particularly from a regulation perspective, applies to Monero. https://youtu.be/NO2mGJIS6yYI am no longer as optimistic about Monero but still hope it does well, just like various cryptos.
- First video I watch about monero, like the video and you have earned a subscriber. Btw do you know a secure place to buy it using credit cards?
- I want what he's smoking. The devs have driven this coin into the ground with all the forks. And RandomX is a debacle. When they go to SHA-256 their descent into just another sh!tcoin will be complete. XMR as fractions of a penny by 2022.